Sep 12, 2011

What use loving the one without heart!

What use loving the one without heart!


What use loving the one without heart! 
My eyes pour out tears. 
With an arrow stung in my bossom, he left 
Along with the soul, my body is bereft. 
There is no trusting the heartless. 
It matters to him not. 
It's like sparrows getting shot 
For the fun of the fools. 
They see, laugh and clap in retort. 
What use loving the one with heart! 
He promised to come but is to be seen nowhere. 
To keep his word he seldom carses. 
I was misled taking fancy to him. 
What a cheat of a trader I've to endure! 
Bulleh Shah struck a poor bargain. 
It was like supping a cup of pain. 
There Was loss galore and hardly any gain, 
Suffering sheer agony on his part. 
What use loving the one without heart! 


Translated by K.S Duggal 

No comments:

Post a Comment